Butter beans, red pepper walnut pesto
Such a winner. So simple. Didn't even realise it was vegan too until after I wolfed it down. The key is getting yourself some impeccable beans, like the ones I use from Bold Bean Co.
- 0.5 jar butter beans I use Bold Bean Co
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- a handful of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon capers
- a handful of rocket
- white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Rub your pepper with olive oil and salt, lay on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, turning once, until the skin in black. Leave to cool, then peel off the black skin to reveal the soft flesh beneath. Pull out the stalk and discard.
- Put a small frying pan on a low heat and add your walnuts. Dry toast them for 5 minutes or so, stirring regularly until fragrant.
- Add the toasted walnuts, roasted red pepper, garlic, capers, a grind of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a splash of white wine vinegar to loosen (and more water if needs be).
- Warm through your white beans and fold through your red pepper walnut mixture. Plate up and top with fresh rocket and a drizzle of olive oil.
Calories: 528kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 17gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 277mgPotassium: 1206mgFiber: 15gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 5627IUVitamin C: 214mgCalcium: 104mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted on Feeding Speedy Instagram.
For more recipes from The Kitchen Counter, click here.