charred green beans with almonds
Bouncy beans cooked simply. Heaven. Was inspired reading about beans in @gluts_gluttony 's new cookbook #fromthevegpatch
- a handful of green beans tops trimmed
- a handful of almonds
- onion powder
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Boil green beans in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Drain, then throw in a screaming hot frying pan.
- Season with a teaspoon of onion powder, the zest of half a lemon and salt.
- Finish with a spritz of lemon juice (no more than half a lemon's worth) and good olive oil.
Calories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 9gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 48mgPotassium: 522mgFiber: 8gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 703IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 139mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!