bacon and pea pasta
- 80 g pasta
- 3 bacon rashers
- a handful of frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped up
- crème fraiche plain yoghurt also works well
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Crisp up three chopped up rashers of bacon in a hot frying pan.
- Throw in a minced garlic clove, a handful of frozen peas and toss vigorously while waiting for your pasta to cook in boiling salted water.
- Add a mugful of pasta water to the pan, along with a splodge of crème fraiche and a grating of lemon zest.
- Fold through hot pasta and serve with a mountain of parmesan.
Calories: 825kcalCarbohydrates: 72gProtein: 26gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 669mgPotassium: 480mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 453IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 163mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!