honey baked feta with za’atar, tomatoes and chickpeas
I definitely 100% have nicked this recipe from someone else. I read it on Instagram the other day and it sounded so delicious that I had to make it. Since then, I have unfortunately ENTIRELY FORGOTTEN who did it first. I'm not a fan of publishing dishes others have created without crediting them, so if you have created this wonder, please message me and you'll get the credit you deserve!! It is unbelievable; a warm dip/stew that forms the addictive trifecta of salty/sweet/garlicky. Heaven and embarrassingly easy to throw together.
- 0.5 block of feta
- runny honey
- 1 garlic clove peeled and roughly chopped
- 0.5 can chickpeas drained
- 0.5 punnet cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- wholemea pitta for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 200C. In a deep glass dish place your feta in the centre, and surround with the chickpeas, garlic and tomatoes. Cover everything generously with za'atar and a good grind of pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then drizzle over a few tablespoons of honey. Pop back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- You're ready to serve! The tomatoes will give up lots of their juice, so break apart the feta and swirl everything together. Ideal for scooping up with warm pitta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!