roast parsnips, pigs in blanket crumble
Enjoy this cheeky Christmas sides mash up! Two for the price of one: those of you that aren't massive parsnip fans will be CONVERTED with the addictive pigs in blanket crumble ?Originally posted on Feeding Speedy Instagram here.
- 2 parsnips tops removed, peeled and cut lengthways into quarters
- 1 sausage
- 1 bacon rasher
- a small handful of thyme freshly picked
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Fill a saucepan with water and put on to boil. When boiling, add a pinch of salt, and the parsnip quarters. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain and lay on a baking tray.
- Season the parsnips with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out the oven, drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons of honey, and pop back in the oven for 15 minutes until charred and sticky.
- For the pigs in blankets crumble, put a frying pan on a medium heat. Take the skin of the sausages and crumble into the pan with a glug of olive oil and the thyme. Cook down and allow the sausage to turn into crispy bits! This should take about 5 minutes or so. Push the sausage bits to one side of the pan, and add the bacon rashers. Fry on both sides until crispy, then break up into little bits and fold through the sausage.
- To serve, pile the parsnips onto a platter and top with your sausage and bacon bits.
Calories: 682kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 19gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 757mgPotassium: 1428mgFiber: 15gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 77IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 122mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!