chicken satay curry
"Cooking is all about bring people together over a delicious meal" I had such an awesome time chatting with @chrisbaber; it felt like we were in the same kitchen cooking away! He has kindly let me share his recipe below, which is a fantastic dish from his new cookbook Easy. I promise you this will fast become a favourite: the sauce is outrageous and the flavours are so satisfying. This is the perfect warming curry to curl up with on cold nights 🌨️Originally posted on Feeding Speedy Instagram here.
- 1 chicken breast skinless
- 0.5 garlic clove finely chopped
- a thumb-sized piece of ginger finely chopped
- 0.5 onion finely chopped
- 0.5 red pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 0.5 green pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 0.5 can water chestnuts drained
- a lime
- a bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- 0.5 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 0.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- vegetable oil
- cooked rice, to serve
- Mix all the sauce ingredients (coconut milk, honey, dark soy sauce, curry powder and turmeric) in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan until smoking hot.
- Stir-fry the chicken, garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, fry for 1 minute, then add the peppers and water chestnuts. Stir fry for a further 3 minutes until the veg and chicken begin to take on some colour.
- Add the sauce, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the coriander and half the lime juice. Taste- you may want more honey for sweetness or curry powder for heat.
- Serve with rice and a squeeze more lime juice.
Sodium: 1390mgCalcium: 128mgVitamin C: 146mgVitamin A: 2459IUSugar: 29gFiber: 10gPotassium: 2056mgCholesterol: 145mgCalories: 1163kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 40gFat: 60gProtein: 65gCarbohydrates: 99gIron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!