cheese and marmite sausage rolls
A Speed Christmas family tradition, these sausage rolls are addictive: intensely savoury and crispy with the cheese on top. Merry Christmas 🌲☃️Originally posted on Feeding Speedy Instagram here.
- 100 g sausage meat
- 0.5 onions finely chopped
- a small handful of fresh thyme with the leaves picked
- 40 g cheddar cheese
- 0.5 roll puff pastry
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Put a pan on a medium heat. Add the onion with a knob of butter, pinch of salt and the thyme leaves. Cook down slowly for 10 minutes or so until soft and sweet. Set aside to cool.
- In a big mixing bowl combine the sausage meat, all the cheese aside from a large handful, cooled onion mixture and 2 heaped tablespoons of Marmite. Mix everything well.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment. Unroll your puff pastry onto each baking tray, and cut each roll lengthways into 2 long strips. With your sausage meat mixture, lay out a long sausage onto each strip, and roll up in pastry, making sure the seam of the pastry is underneath. Pop your long sausage rolls in the fridge for 30 minutes, or whenever you're ready to cook.
- Take the rolls from the fridge and cut into bitesize pieces. Lay on a baking tray, sprinkle each roll with some cheese, and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Sodium: 2889mgCalcium: 342mgVitamin C: 6mgVitamin A: 1108IUSugar: 5gFiber: 4gPotassium: 730mgCholesterol: 168mgCalories: 1372kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 47gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 42gFat: 107gProtein: 38gCarbohydrates: 65gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!