halloumi fries at home
A lifesaver of a recipe when you want to wish yourself away to a Midtown dive bar. Or, indeed, boredom strikes and you're peckish for a bite but not a whole meal. Make these, crack open a Punk IPA and pretend you're in a @brewdogofficial Originally posted on Feeding Speedy Instagram here
- 1 pack halloumi
- 125 g cornflour
- a small handful of parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Dr Wills barbecue sauce
- olive oil
- Drain your halloumi, cut each in half then chop into finger-sized pieces.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the cornflour with the dried thyme, garlic salt, paprika and black pepper. Mix well, then add your halloumi pieces, coating them well.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat. When hot, add a touch of olive oil and add your halloumi pieces, shaking off any excess flour. Fry them on all sides for 5 minutes or so until crispy.
- Serve the halloumi fries with a scattering of parsley and a pot of barbecue sauce.
Sodium: 4037mgCalcium: 363mgVitamin C: 10mgVitamin A: 446IUSugar: 6gFiber: 2gPotassium: 120mgCalories: 440kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 6gFat: 15gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 68gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!