ANCHOVY GARLIC PASTA
This incredibly easy pasta dish is a marriage of punchy flavours that combine to create something extra special. It's the perfect dinner at the end of a long day when you don't feel like cooking. Please please give it a go 🍝
- 2 Anchovies
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- Chilli Flakes
- Tomato Paste
- 80 grams Pasta Your choice (I like Bucatini)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet's instructions (but taste it as you go, you want it to still have some bite).
- Meanwhile in a frying pan add a good glug (4-5 tablespoons) of olive oil and the garlic. Put on a low heat and cook for a couple of minutes. You don't want the garlic to burn, just perfume the oil
- Next add the anchovies (dw they will melt into the sauce, anchovy haters!) a pinch of chilli flakes and a good squeeze of tomato paste. Cook everything down for 2-3 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add into the sauce with a mugful of pasta water. You want to cook the pasta into the sauce for a couple of.minutes, so the sauce thickens and goes glossy.
- Plate up and serve with a scattering of pumpkin seeds, basil and a grating of parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!