anchovy garlic pasta
This incredibly easy pasta dish is a marriage of punchy flavours that combine to create something extra special. It's the perfect dinner at the end of a long day when you don't feel like cooking. Please please give it a go ?I made this dish on a Cooking Conversation with the brilliant @janeyfoodlover. You can watch the whole thing below!Recipe originally posted on Feeding Speedy Instagram here.
- 1 anchovy
- 1 garlic clove minced
- chilli flakes
- tomato paste
- 80 grams pasta your choice (I like bucatini)
- pumpkin seeds
- basil leaves
- olive oil
- parmesan to serve
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet's instructions (but taste it as you go, you want it to still have some bite).
- Meanwhile in a frying pan add a good glug (4-5 tablespoons) of olive oil and the garlic. Put on a low heat and cook for a couple of minutes. You don't want the garlic to burn, just perfume the oil
- Next add the anchovies (dw they will melt into the sauce, anchovy haters!) a pinch of chilli flakes and a good squeeze of tomato paste. Cook everything down for 2-3 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add into the sauce with a mugful of pasta water. You want to cook the pasta into the sauce for a couple of.minutes, so the sauce thickens and goes glossy.
- Plate up and serve with a scattering of pumpkin seeds, basil and a grating of parmesan.
Calories: 701kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 22gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 1683mgPotassium: 670mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1122IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 238mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!