Got some extra time on your hands and fancy treating someone to a handmade chocolate present this Easter? These chocolate truffles are a breeze to make, only use three ingredients and are vegan! Chocolate and coconut milk are a dream combination for a smooth truffle. Happy Easter 🍫🐰 Takes 3 hours, makes 12 truffles
200g dark chocolate (vegan if you can find it, at least 60% cocoa solids)
1 can of coconut milk
Cocoa powder, for dusting
1) Add half a can of coconut milk into a saucepan. Put on a medium heat and bring to a simmer (make sure it doesn’t boil!)
2) Chop the chocolate up into small pieces, the finer the pieces, the easier the chocolate will melt. Place in a bowl.
3) Pour the simmering coconut milk over the chocolate, and cover the bowl with a tea towel. Leave for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted; it should be smooth and glossy. Put in the fridge for 2 hours until solid.
5) After 2 hours, dust a plate liberally with cocoa powder, take your truffle mixture out the fridge, and start making truffles! Take a spoon of the mixture, roll lightly in your fingers until they resemble golf balls, then drop into the cocoa powder. Roll it around so it’s fully coated.
6) Once your done, pop them in the fridge to harden up for about 20 minutes or so.