A hearty work breakfast to kick off the week! A great way to use up whatever veg you have in the fridge, just make sure whatever you use is cut the same size so it cooks evenly. A cast iron skillet (my new favourite toy from @nisbets_ ) works perfectly for this. If you want to use a frying pan, just make sure it’s ovenproof.
Takes 45 minutes, makes 4 work breakfasts
100g chorizo, cubed
2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
A big onion, finely diced
2 green peppers, seeds and white pith removed, cubed
A splash of milk
Salt and pepper
1) Pre-heat your oven to 200C. Lay the sweet potato on a baking tray, sprinkle over some salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss and roast for 20 minutes. Take out the oven and allow to cool
2) In a saucepan slowly cook with some olive oil the chorizo, onion and peppers until the veg is soft. Meantime put an ovenproof frying pan or skillet in the oven.
3) In a big mixing bowl, crack the eggs, add a splash of milk, followed by the sweet potato, and chorizo mixture. Stir to combine.
4) When you are ready to cook, and with the frying pan still in the oven, throw in a large knob of butter (it should melt and bubble pretty quick. If not, the pan isn’t hot enough). With the butter foaming, pour in the frittata mixture, and slide the pan carefully back into the oven.
5) Bake for 15 minutes or so, until the frittata is puffed and golden.